The following information should be read by all entrants and all those wishing to take part.
Tournament Rules - 2022
Enter online or by printing off a manual entry form. Online entries close at 5.00pm on Thursday 2nd June 2022. Manual entry forms including signed indemnity form and full payment must be in the hands of organisers by this time too. For those entering online, a printed name will be deemed as signed, Entry not accepted until is received.
- A maximum of 4 people per team.
- Hunters can be entered in one team only.
- Team member's names must be confirmed on the entry form by 5.00pm Thursday 2nd June 2022. No changes allowed after this time.
- No late entries will be accepted.
- All fees to be paid in full at time of entry to be eligible to enter competition.
- Entries will be limited to 50 adult teams
- Winners must be willing to provide photographs and feedback on their prize for promotional purposes.
Firearms and Licences
- All firearms regulations must be obeyed.
- All Firearms must be secured and stowed in accordance with the Firearms regulations when not being used.
- Necessary permits, licenses, and landowners permission must be obtained.
- Hunting may commence 7.00pm on Thursday 2nd June 2022. NO hunting is permitted before this time.
- Catchment area is Southland & Otago wide.
- Adults: Only one deer, one pig and one pest (see pest list below) per team to be entered. Children: Only one possum, one rabbit or hare and one pest (see pest list below) per team to be entered.
- All animals must be wild; that is born wild, lived wild and caught wild.
- No shooting from helicopters.
- No Wapiti type animals.
- The decision to launch a boat is solely at the discretion of the skipper. All boaties are urged to comply with normal safety procedure (life jackets, radios etc.) and Maritime NZ Safety Rules
Pest List Adults (not gutted)
- Canadian Goose
- Rabbit or Hare
- Stoat or Ferret
Pest list for Children (not gutted)
- Mouse or Rat
- Canadian Goose
- Stoat or Ferret
- Weigh in to be held at Te Anau Rugby Clubrooms, Dusky St, Te Anau 12 - 2pm, Sunday 5th June 2022.
- Final weigh in time 2pm. Animals to be presented or in the queue before 2pm deadline. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- To be eligible for the (adult) major prize draw you must present one of each species at weigh-in and be present at the time of the prize draw.
- All animals entered to be presented by the entrant/s.
- All Deer and Pigs to be gutted and presented in fresh edible condition at time of weigh in. All organs and internal matter to be removed and ready for processing. Deer and Pigs to be presented with hocks on, heads attached, testicles in and throats clean. Weigh Master can decline any animal should they deem it rotten or doubt its eligibility.
- All Pigs & Deer MUST be ears on, ears intact, clean and have no marks. If requested, proof of where and when the animal was taken needs to be supplied including GPS co-ordinates of the Gut Bag.
- Tails and antlers belong to the team that entered the animal. Anyone taking other entrant tails and antlers will be reported to the police as it is deemed to be theft. However, teams have the opportunity to donate to the organising committee for fundraising purposes if they wish.
- If you wish to leave throats intact for mounting purposes, please note that 5% will be taken off the total weight.
- To be eligible for the best Tusk prize your Pig jaw must be open with a stick upon arrival at weigh in.
- All game to be left on display until after prize giving. We will assist in the removal of your entries after prize giving. If you do not wish to take any animal away and would like to donate your animals to the Te Anau Rugby Club, please advise a committee member during weigh-in.
- Judges decision will be final
- Prize giving will be held at the Te Anau Rugby Clubrooms, Dusky St, Te Anau on Sunday 5th June 2022 as soon as all results are collated - approximately 3pm.
- The (adult) major prize is a customised flight with Te Anau Helicopter Services.
- To be eligible for the (adult) major prize you must present a Deer, Pig and Pest (see list above) at weigh-in. Pest weight not included.
- Hunters must be present to claim any prize.
- Anyone acting in a dangerous or unlawful manner will have their entry terminated
- Breach of these rules may lead to participants being disqualified from the tournament
- All dogs must be secured in vehicles while at the Te Anau Rugby Grounds
- If you do not wish to take your entry away after prize giving, please advise the weigh in team or a committee member while weighing in. Your entry will then become the property of the organising committee.
DO NOT take away an animal (or any part of an animal) that you did not enter.
- The Te Anau Rugby Club will be operating a licenced bar on Sunday 5th June from 12 noon until one hour after completion of prize giving. No BYO permitted.
- Food will be available for purchase (BBQ, hot chips and hot dogs)
- Children to be 15 years and younger.
- No animals need to be gutted at the time of entry.
In entering this tournament you agree to hold free of liability all members of the Te Anau Community Events Charitable Trust, Te Anau Rugby Club and their employees, volunteers, organising committee, all sponsors and associates.
No correspondence will be entered into.
The Fiordland Big 3 organising committee reserve the right to decline an individual or team from entering the competition.